Thursday, September 27, 2007

First Knitting Project

My first knitting project was used this weekend to great success. It was a trivit to put hot bowls, pots, etc. The blue & white trivit worked well. On to the next project which will be redoing or sending the rug to the frog pond. I will be starting over on the rug and start knitting some Christmas ornaments. Now, Mom wants a trivit. No problem I'll make her a trivit as soon as she completes my Garfield sweatshirt.

Keep in mind that she promised to make it over 25 years ago. Since then I have graduated from High School, College, and now Graduate School. Now its a matter of principal. Mom, if you are reading this better get busy sewing. Christmas is coming up. :-)

Decided to rejoin Toastmasters after being encouraged by my fiance, Quirky (But Never Jam Today blog), to join the club at work. Off to being a toastmaster again but this time I am just going to be a club member and leave it at that. The first thing I'll earn will be the Competent Leader since this was added after I quit being a toastmaster a few years ago. Then it will be off to get my Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM). After that we will see.

Now all I have to do is find some time to learn how to do leather working. Thought that learning how to do leather working will fit in well with the Civil War Re-enacting and Ren Faire. Found a store that will teach it now it is a matter of scheduling time. Need to make sure that I make available time to spend with the fiance.

No comments: